California Law Firm Litigates on Behalf of Your Business
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. At Meegan, Hanschu & Kassenbrock, the firm’s attorneyshave been assisting businesses for a combined total of more than 135 years through alternative dispute resolution and civil court trials in both state and federal courts. They have the knowledge and experience to help your business in cases related to:
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Breach of contract
- Breach of warranty
- Business torts
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
Recovery from breach of contract
When a party to a contract fails to perform, he damages the other business. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your clients as a result. The skilled attorneys at Meegan, Hanschu & Kassenbrock can help you achieve the best legal remedy for a breach of contract, such as:
- Compensatory damages – reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages – compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs – amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages – amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance – court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages – penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission – cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation – change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
Real estate litigation attorneys
Real estate litigation requires substantial knowledge about property laws and civil litigation, as well as a dynamic courtroom presence. The firm’s attorneys possess the specialized-knowledge necessary to successfully litigate your real estate disputes.
Affordable alternatives to a civil suit
The cost of traditional litigation can easily exceed the amount of the contract. Fortunately there are various means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration, which are less costly and quicker than civil lawsuits, but can deliver the same remedies. The firm has successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation hearings, and has settled lawsuits prior to trial, saving our clients expenses and getting their businesses back on track.
Contact a dependable Gold River law firm to get your business moving again
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, you need to take action. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could make the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Contact Meegan, Hanschu & Kassenbrock online or call the firm at 916-925-1800 to schedule an appointment.
Meegan, Hanschu & Kassenbrock serves clients in Sacramento and Gold River, as well as throughout the Sacramento Region, Northern California and the Bay Area.